sábado, 10 de marzo de 2007

Take the Palm Tree

www.goodaboom.com

It's been a windy couple of days. I know what you're thinking....it's all to do with that Chicken Curry I made the other night. Well you'd be wrong (apart from that incident in the supermarket) it's been blowing a gale here in Albir recently, for up to 14 hours at stretch, and the old Palm tree's taking a bit of a battering. We've discussed getting it removed before, of course. (I'm trying to convince Miki that we need to replace it with a Jacuzzi)I think it's time has finally come. The leaves die off with monotonous regularity, and the more it grows, the harder it is to reach them and cut them down. It's a fairly unpleasant task, not to say precarious. Some time ago, I committed my thoughts on this problem to a poem, spurred on by revelations at the time of Keith Richards' celebrated plummet from one such tree.
For your delight, (With Painting from Miki, naturally!)I present;

Take the Palm Tree


Take the Palm tree, there's a thing
The pleasure that a Palm tree brings
Stunning just to look a upon
Its branches shield us from the sun

But try to trim one - Jesus Christ!
Just leave it mate, that's my advice
The little hooks will tear your flesh
At worst, they'll gash you, then infest..

..your skin,with tiny little bits
That make you squirm and scratch and itch
There is another type though, but
Concussion via a coconut
Is all you'll get for trying to
Expand your Palm tree point of view

Just ask Keith Richards, he will say
A Palm tree didn't make his day
He nearly ended up in traction
I'd hardly call that Satisfaction

So if you're an arborealist
I beg you, no, you must desist
And if you come to view my trees
Just take the Palm tree,
Take it, please!

Kev Moore 04/06/06

1 comentario:

Dipen dijo...

Hi ,
I like your blog, the way you write is really marvelous. I got your blog’s url from blogger list.

But why don’t you put the ads of google on your blog to generate the extra income. If you are really interested in this regard I will help you. I like helping others too. For this follow the following process:

Step 1: Open my blog www.godgiftedplace.blogspot.com
2. There one botton at the beginning of the page i.e. Generate Revenue From youe Site With Google Adsense” click on that button.
3. You will see new page of google, click on “Click Here To Apply” on the center of the page.
4. Fill Up the informations
5. Google will review your information and send the conformation with in 1-2 days.
6. When google approves your site, log in to the adsense with original user name and password.
7. When you log in click on adsense setup.
8. select adsense ads i.e. contents ads, image ads or search
9. You get the code, paste the code on HTML/Java script on your blog on page element.
10. Ads by google appear on your site
11. When somebody clicks on google ads google pays you.

But remember don’t click on your own ad, google my terminate your account.

If you have any query u may mail me at dipzone7@hotmail.com or u can also ad me on MSN to chat live.
Visit my site too: www.colorfulnepal.com

Make Your picture Gallery and get paid when other see them:
http://www.shareapic.net/ref.php?owner=dipzone7

My Gallery: http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?gid=31976&owner=dipzone7